Tuesday, May 8, 2007

There is always time for a cat nap

Brothers or friends. Even they don't know. Kiki bullies Frisky like a brother but then gives him a bath everytime he comes in. Frisky tolerates Kiki but doesn't seem to care that he can go out of the yard and Kiki can't. I remember the day I brought Kiki home. Larry thought I was crazy. Well, who is Kiki's favorite? Larry. Kiki likes to sleep ON Larry, groom Larry's hair and take over the bed on his side.Then when Larry leaves to work, he does the same thing to Sam. Frisky has Josh twisted around his paw. There is nothing Josh won't do for that cat. Awhile back I had the opportunity to point it out to Josh. I asked Josh to go do something. I come back a few minutes later and he's still sitting in the same spot. Then Frisky goes up to Josh and meows, Josh shot out of his chair like he was on fire to go do what Frisky wanted(go outside,be fed). I pointed out to Josh what he did and he actually understood and was a little ashamed. At least I hope so. At 2 a.m. this morning I had to calm Josh down because Frisky wasn't in the house during the bad storm we were having at the time. I walked into his room and heard him praying for Frisk. So I put on my shoes, got the umbrella and went outside calling for the cat. Sure enough he comes running in.

Which reminds me of the quote "To a dog you're family, to a cat you're staff".

These cats can be annoying but I also have a soft spot for them. Larry laughs at the ritual I have before bed. I check if both cats are in. If not, I go outside calling for Frisky to come home. We call it "getting the chicks in the henhouse". Then I make sure all doors are locked and turn on the nightlight. Only after that can I go to bed.

I like to know ALL my family is inside, safe and sound.


No comments: